Situation: A medical practice client was faced with an unemployment claim from a former employee who was discharged for excessive absenteeism, in violation of a company policy.
Goal: To provide advocacy to the employer-client to successfully defend a claim for unemployment and thus, avoid an increase to their contribution rate.
Process: Upon receipt of the Notice of Claim, Vantage Legal managed the entire process by:
- Interviewing and fact-gathering with the client and relevant witnesses
- Obtaining and reviewing relevant documents
- Preparing and submitting a comprehensive response with the relevant supporting documents
- Preparing the client witnesses for the hearing, discussing the legal standard and the appropriate strategy
- Aggressively advocating the client’s position at the hearing
Results: The client won the case, thereby avoiding any benefit charges and a costly increase to their contribution rate.